Optimum picture format and size

Talk with the MIMForum staff! This is the section for discussing the workings of this forum. Your suggestions always welcome!
John E Giarrizzo

Optimum picture format and size

Post by John E Giarrizzo »

Sorry if this has been addressed elseware, but what is the optimum picture size, format, pixel number, etc. for including in a post. I read that 100k is max. file size. Are there instructions anywhere for just how to add photos to a post?
Thanks,

John
Charlie Schultz
Site Admin

Re: Optimum picture format and size

Post by Charlie Schultz »

Hi John and welcome to the forum!
The limits are 150k total size per photo (the 100k is an old number). There are no pixel size limits (e.g. 640 x 480). The software is supposed to limit you to 3 attachments per message, but I don't think that works (i.e. you can attach > 3).

Quick instructions:
Locate the "Upload attachment" tab below your edit box and click on it. You will have a "Browse" button to locate the file you want to attach- after you find/select the file, click the "Add the file" button. You can repeat that for multiple photos. Now, in your message, place the cursor where you what the photo to go, and click the "Place inline" button corresponding to the photo you want. You will then see some BB code formatting with the name of the photo.

Hope that helps!
John E Giarrizzo

Re: Optimum picture format and size

Post by John E Giarrizzo »

Thanks Charlie. That does help.

And actually, it is "Welcome back". I used to hang out here back in the early 2000's. Just sort of lurked past couple years. Fantastic forum. Helped me tremedously.

Return to “The Soundhole”