StewMac tools

Didgeridoo...who knew-s? Looking for a unique part and a better vocabulary. :)

Didgeridoo...who knew-s? Looking for a unique part and a better vocabulary. :)

Postby Greg Evans » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:37 pm

Hey guys. New to the forum, but a long time maker of goofy noise makers and bad jokes. (knew-s ...knows....never mind.;)

I checked the forum data, but I don't see many didgeridoo post. I was hoping that someone may help me find, and or suggest where to look for a part, and hopefully, give me some better search terms to feed the Google machine.

I will try to explain.... (see attached pic if I can figure out how to attach one.)

I have built several one piece pvc type didgeridoos in the past, but I may be attempting to build a take apart, wooden, travel didge, soon. What I hope to find is a male to female pipe-in-pipe fitting, where the inner pipe has some o-ring(s) to keep it airtight and solid. (no slop) Similar to the way a clarinet goes together. (I may go down that cork path, if I have to..idk) I have seen the type of "coupling", on the high end didgeridoos online, so I am hoping that it a readily available part. Does any of this make sense? I would appreciate any suggestions where I might find this part, or even what it may be called. I've fed every search term I can think of into Google. I am also open to any other ideas about how else to achieve this connection.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.
Attachments
tube connector didgeridoo.PNG
tube connector didgeridoo.PNG (61.31 KiB) Viewed 350 times
Greg Evans

Re: Didgeridoo...who knew-s? Looking for a unique part and a better vocabulary. :)

Postby Charlie Schultz » Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:13 am

There are some posts in the old library archives too, this seemed to have the most info: http://www.mimf.com/old-lib/didj_design.htm

Use the links in this post to search more: viewtopic.php?f=32&t=1965#p18277
Charlie Schultz
Site Admin

Re: Didgeridoo...who knew-s? Looking for a unique part and a better vocabulary. :)

Postby Barry Daniels » Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:03 am

I have never seen such a fitting commercially available. However, it would be relatively easy to make if you had a metal lathe.
MIMF Staff
Barry Daniels

Return to Wind, Percussion, and Miscellaneous and Experimental Instruments