Tremelo Part

If you have a string instrument of any kind that needs fixing, a mistake you made in building a new instrument that you need to "disappear," or a question about the ethics of altering an older instrument, ask here. Please note that it will be much easier for us to help you decide on the best repair method if you post some pictures of the problem.
Richard Gillespie

Tremelo Part

Post by Richard Gillespie »

Hello All
i am a newbie here and in the midst of rebuilding a fender strat. One of the blocks in my flloyd rose tremelo is broken. I am attaching a photo. Can anyone help me with one of these?

thanks in advance
Rich G
Attachments
Cropped 2 DSC02465.png
Cropped 2 DSC02465.png (65.22 KiB) Viewed 4985 times
JC Whitney

Re: Tremelo Part

Post by JC Whitney »

Hi Richard, and welcome. I believe you're looking for what FR calls a replacement "saddle assembly". If you go to Stewmac.com and search for "Floyd Rose Tremolo Instructions" you'll be presented with a choice of parts diagrams for the different types of Floyd Roses. At worst, if you call StewMac they'll likely be able to give you a hand or head you in the right direction. Hope that helps a bit.
Gordon Bellerose

Post by Gordon Bellerose »

I need your help. I can't possibly make all the mistakes myself!
Richard Gillespie

Post by Richard Gillespie »

Thanks to all, S.M. did have then in stock. This is weird, the first time I asked them about this (months ago), they told me they didn't stock them.........anyway, all is well.

regards
Rich

Return to “String Instrument Repair: Practical and Political Issues”