strung up and making noise

Please put your pickup/wiring discussions in the Electronics section; and put discussions about repair issues, including fixing errors in new instruments, in the Repairs section.
Brian Evans

strung up and making noise

Post by Brian Evans »

I assembled Amy today, put strings on her and started getting the setup dialed in. Nice loud archtoppy tone, responds well to finger picking. If you recall, I designed this as a classical - archtop cross-over guitar, so it has a 25.6" scale length, string spacing of 1.75" at the nut and 2.325" at the bridge. Neck joins the body at both the 12th and 14th fret. Strings are .011" to .052" nickle bronze. The floating tailpiece is pinned into the top of the tail block with a socket-headed bolt into a 1/4" threaded insert, through a spherical bearing inset into the wooden tailpiece that lets it float. If I wanted I could adjust the break angle over the bridge by spacing it up at the pivot, but I see no reason to do that. Here are a few pictures that I just took.
Attachments
IMG_0151.JPG
IMG_0150.JPG
David King

Re: strung up and making noise

Post by David King »

Now that's a red guitar, I love the fingerboard, is it bubinga?
Brian Evans

Post by Brian Evans »

It's a lot redder in person, the camera doesn't get the true colour and I don't know how to fix that. The fretboard is padauk, the tailpiece is padauk with a maple overlay, and the peghead veneer is rosewood with a maple insert.
Gordon Bellerose

Post by Gordon Bellerose »

I like it. The shape and sound holes really make it unique.
I need your help. I can't possibly make all the mistakes myself!

Return to “Archtop Guitars and Bass Guitars”