Gateway Area Luthiers Show 2016 St Louis

Builder's Groups Announcements
James Lindley

Gateway Area Luthiers Show 2016 St Louis

Post by James Lindley »

The Gateway Area Luthiers are happy to be able to put on our 6th annual gathering in St. Louis. We hope to continue to have an event once a year for instrument makers within striking distance of St. Louis to meet up with other builders, swap stories, show off and trade tips. Since this group/event is in its infancy, we are still figuring out what the event should be and what people want to see. Whether you have made and instrument yet or not, or are selling 50 guitars a year, we would love to see you!

The event will be held at Hibdon Hardwood in St. Louis on Saturday, April 23rd from 9 am until 4 pm. Hibdon will be offering a discount to registered guests on the day of the event. Hibdon processes a ton of exotic guitar woods and we are lucky enough to get a behind the scenes glimpse of their wares. We are in the process of setting up some demonstrations for the event.

If you are new to the craft, PLEASE don’t be shy about displaying your work (warts and all). I understand the trepidation! When I went to the first show, I almost left my instrument in the car. Boy was I glad I didn’t! You will not be judged or criticized, but you just might get a tip that takes you to the next level.

If this sounds like something you would be interested in, contact me via PM (Bryan Bear) here on MIMF with any questions. If you know you want to attend, Email
wiksnwudwerks@aol.com beara55@yahoo.com kenjeffs@sbcglobal.net,

any of us can help you. If you want to be added to our email list for Email notice on show ONLY please forward us that email . We Do NOT SPAM .

In order to recoup some of the cost of putting on this event we have solicited the opinions of past attendees and come up with a fee structure that people thought was fair.
* Exhibitor registration is $20 and includes a table to display your work, access to the demos and lunch.
* Individual registration is $10 (Demos and lunch)

We also are trying out a $5 level for nonluthiers/players who would like to see the displays and chat with builders. This is something new we are trying to get started to allow people to show up and learn more about the craft and maybe even decide a handmade guitar is something they just can’t live without.

Thanks

James Wud Lindley
Verizon Tablet 051.jpg
Verizon Tablet 060.jpg
Verizon Tablet 064.jpg
Verizon Tablet 064.jpg (46.66 KiB) Viewed 31706 times
Verizon Tablet 061.jpg
Verizon Tablet 071.jpg
Verizon Tablet 071.jpg (59.35 KiB) Viewed 31705 times
Mark Swanson

Re: Gateway Area Luthiers Show 2016 St Louis

Post by Mark Swanson »

Do you see Joe Mendel there? Tell him hello from me.
  • Mark Swanson, guitarist, MIMForum Staff
Bryan Bear

Post by Bryan Bear »

Oh Joe will be there alright. You're always welcome to come tell him in person. :)
PMoMC

Take care of your feet and your feet will take care of you.
Mark Swanson

Post by Mark Swanson »

Yes he has invited me before! These days I have a hard time getting across town!
Bryan Bear

Post by Bryan Bear »

If you ever do manage to make it to one, I'll have a handshake waiting for you.
PMoMC

Take care of your feet and your feet will take care of you.
Ryan Mazzocco

Post by Ryan Mazzocco »

Mark Swanson wrote:Do you see Joe Mendel there? Tell him hello from me.
Joe is an awesome guy and has really taken me under his wing. Can't thank him enough.
Mark Swanson

Post by Mark Swanson »

Well, tell him I'll see him in september! He should bring you guys with him.
Ryan Mazzocco

Post by Ryan Mazzocco »

The show was a great success. Thanks to everyone that worked so hard to put it on. It's very much appreciated. Anyone that can should try to make it next year. It's seriously always one of my favorite days of the year.

Return to “Builder's Groups”