Hello!

New to the forum? Feel free to introduce yourself here.
Woody Granger

Hello!

Post by Woody Granger »

I live in the USA in southeast Texas. I started building from a parts caster then went on to a Stew Mac dreadnaught kit. Both turned out pretty good especially for the limited tools I had. I have since downsized and moved so I could get me a small shop. I am working out of a 10X16 metal building and have been tooling up and slowly building jigs, etc... as required. I have about 3-5 tools to buy to be where I want to be to actually start building guitars on a regular basis. Mean while I guess it is mostly just jigs, templates and work benches. I have recently accuired some American Maple from a friend who gave me several mostly flatsawn boards. One or two look like they may be on quarter. About 50 to 60 feet of it, ranging in widths from about 12" wide to 6" to 8". I didn't actually measure it yet. That is just about the size. I guess now I could actually start an new guitar. I have enough to get by for now, I just wanted the process to be quicker when I actually started without sacrificing quality. The whole reason I started wanting to build my own guitars was the fact that alot of the factory guitars I have seen are way over priced for the quality of the instrument in my opinion and I also wanted custom options that I could tweak myself if I so desire.
Great to be on this form!
Mark Swanson

Re: Hello!

Post by Mark Swanson »

Welcome Woody!
  • Mark Swanson, guitarist, MIMForum Staff

Return to “Introduce yourself here!”