Greetings from Italy

New to the forum? Feel free to introduce yourself here.

Greetings from Italy

Postby Gianca Faco » Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:56 am

Hello guys,

just found this interesting forum. I'm a guitar player from Italy, please to meet you!
I'm also a wood carving hobbyist,here's one of my last works.
I'd like to start learning how to build a guitar from the scratch. I have two spare necks from old guitars, one from a Jackson Kelly and one from an Ibanez Jem555. So the idea would be to build the body and use one of this two necks. About the electronics I have a good knowledge of wiring and drawings (I'm also a sw engineer).. so I joined this forum in order to learn new things. Thank you very much and Happy New Year!
Gianca Faco

Re: Greetings from Italy

Postby Jim McConkey » Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:03 pm

Welcome to the Forum, Gianca, and a happy new year to you!

You might even combine your hobbies. Here are two guitars which were posted a few years ago, which are right up your alley:
http://www.mimf.com/library/Jeffrey_Jon ... -2008.html
http://www.mimf.com/library/Jeffrey_Jon ... -2009.html
MIMForum Staff - Way North of Baltimore
Jim McConkey

Re: Greetings from Italy

Postby Gianca Faco » Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:10 am

Hello Jim, thank you.

Oh my god, Jeffrey's works are awesome!!! They ispired me a lot. I think I'm going to start a thread about the body construction and carving as soon as possible, in order to get tips and share my adventure with this forum. Thanks a lot!!!
Gianca Faco

Return to Introduce yourself here!