Paul Gransee's 7th Bass

Please put your pickup/wiring discussions in the Electronics section; and put discussions about repair issues, including "disappearing" errors in new instruments, in the Repairs section.
Paul Gransee

Re: Paul Gransee's 7th Bass

Post by Paul Gransee »

Heres a pic of my bridge from the side and the bottom. The center screw provides a reverse tension. Once set I've never had to re-adjust. Also thanks David for the nice comments, a lot of comments of the myrtle especially the back. Kind of a tossup on whether it is an owl or a Dr Suess character!
Attachments
bottom view.jpg
bottom view.jpg (11.71 KiB) Viewed 6070 times
side view.jpg
side view.jpg (6.81 KiB) Viewed 6070 times
John Catto

Post by John Catto »

Really nice looking bass! Silly question, where does the strap attach?
Paul Gransee

Post by Paul Gransee »

Thanks John, i used stap-locks which are flush mounted. One is off the top horn and the other is by the curl by the bridge.
Jason Rodgers

Post by Jason Rodgers »

Nice features all around, Paul.

Can you please explain a little more about the nut: I don't quite understand your explanation of the need for the center screw. Does it mainly keep the nut in place, since the two topside set screws would slide on the base plate?
-Ruining perfectly good wood, one day at a time.
Paul Gransee

Post by Paul Gransee »

John Thanks the center screw's purpose is to hold the bottom to the top. Since the 2 outside screws are applying force downward I needed something to hold the 2 pieces together. Also it makes it a lot easier to build as a matching set. I hope that makes a little more sense.
David Schwab

Post by David Schwab »

Nice looking bass!

Return to “Solid-Body and Chambered or Semi-Solid Electric Guitars and Bass Guitars”