tuners

Please put your pickup/wiring discussions in the Electronics section; and put discussions about repair issues, including "disappearing" errors in new instruments, in the Repairs section.
Bob McPeak

tuners

Post by Bob McPeak »

newby here, recently due to new found time took up guitar again. Played for many years when I was younger but with family and work slowly drifted away from playing. My question to members is; can anyone tell me about these grover tuners(pics hopefully enclosed). Got this Godin SD 1999-2000? and replaced POTs and tuners. However I now do not know how to string these tuners. no holes, but they have a bearing on the tuning peg. I have couple other guitars that I also brought out of retirement and can ue these but I would like to give the Godin a try and see if it's still in working order. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Hopefully images show up. Cheers
JC Whitney

Re: tuners

Post by JC Whitney »

Hello Bob. Unfortunately your pics don’t seem to have posted - but if they’re the kind of heads I think they are they’ll have a knurled knob on the backside and a recess in the post that appears to be where the string should go. Unscrew the knob all the way and the string hole will slowly open up in the peg. If they’ve been tightened up without strings in the holes they might need a bit of persuading to get the pins moving - maybe try a pushpin or awl tip to help push the inner pin that locks the string down towards the back of the tuners as you turn the knurled knob.
Bob McPeak

Post by Bob McPeak »

Barry Daniels

Post by Barry Daniels »

Bob, when you are making a new post, click on the full editor and use the upload attachment box below to upload the photo. Also, it must be below 150 k.
MIMF Staff

Return to “Solid-Body and Chambered or Semi-Solid Electric Guitars and Bass Guitars”