Chapman Stick

Please put your pickup/wiring discussions in the Electronics section; and put discussions about repair issues, including "disappearing" errors in new instruments, in the Repairs section.

Chapman Stick

Postby Oscar Pacheco » Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:33 pm

Hi,

I new here and I am searching for the Chapman Fingerboard Stick Scale Fret separation in order to built one! I will be forever grateful to someone could provide it please.

Thanks in advance!
Opacheco.
Oscar Pacheco

Re: Chapman Stick

Postby Eric Knapp » Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:42 pm

There are Chapman Stick with different scale lengths. They are all published on the Stick website. Is that what you mean?

-Eric
Eric Knapp

Postby Oscar Pacheco » Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:53 pm

Oscar Pacheco wrote:Hi,

I new here and I am searching for the Chapman Fingerboard Stick Scale Fret separation in order to built one! I will be forever grateful to someone could provide it please.

Thanks in advance!
Opacheco.

Eric thanks for your response by I talking about the separation scale of the fret in order to do a 36 inch Chapmen Stick fretboard!

Thanks again for your time!
Opacheco
Oscar Pacheco

Postby Steve Sawyer » Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:26 pm

Oscar Pacheco wrote:I talking about the separation scale of the fret in order to do a 36 inch Chapmen Stick fretboard!

Are you looking for the fret spacing for a particular scale length? And...is the 36" figure you mention the scale length you're shooting for?
==Steve==
Steve Sawyer

Postby Bill Raymond » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:11 pm

Oscar, if you are seeking fret positions for a 36" (or any other) scale length, you will find fret calculators in the MIMF library under "Programs, Spreadsheets and other programs". There are other programs available on the internet that will calculate the fret locations for whatever scale length you choose.
Bill Raymond

Postby Oscar Pacheco » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:32 pm

Bill Raymond wrote:Oscar, if you are seeking fret positions for a 36" (or any other) scale length, you will find fret calculators in the MIMF library under "Programs, Spreadsheets and other programs". There are other programs available on the internet that will calculate the fret locations for whatever scale length you choose.

Thanks Bill, I will check them there!

Opacheco.
Oscar Pacheco

Postby David King » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:41 pm

I always recommend the Fretfind d2 app online as it will create a printable PDF that you can print on a single sheet (Kinkos has an inexpensive B&W 12 x 48" printer) and then stick that onto your neck to see exactly where to saw your fret lines.
David King

Postby Oscar Pacheco » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:19 pm

David King wrote:I always recommend the Fretfind d2 app online as it will create a printable PDF that you can print on a single sheet (Kinkos has an inexpensive B&W 12 x 48" printer) and then stick that onto your neck to see exactly where to saw your fret lines.

David thanks for your comments. Please send me a link for!

Opacheco.
Oscar Pacheco

Postby Peter Wilcox » Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:24 am

Maybe I can't fix it, but I can fix it so no one can fix it
Peter Wilcox

Return to Solid-Body and Chambered or Semi-Solid Electric Guitars and Bass Guitars