Been a while - Got a couple of projects now

Please put your pickup/wiring discussions in the Electronics section; and put discussions about repair issues, including "disappearing" errors in new instruments, in the Repairs section.

Been a while - Got a couple of projects now

Postby Eric Baack » Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:10 am

So I have been out for a while, I'm working on a couple of fun little projects.

The first is what I have dubbed as McWormy. A double cut body out of wormy ash. I'll be filling the holes with tinted/glow epoxy for what will hopefully be a pretty cool effect.

The other is an onboard tube screamer effect. I've created a prototype of it with veroboard and that worked well so I took the schematic and ordered some custom circuit boards and I'll be trying this out in McWormy.
Attachments
Tube screamer PCB.jpg
28783333_10156186914079555_4861423946021564836_n.jpg
Eric Baack

Re: Been a while - Got a couple of projects now

Postby Gordon Bellerose » Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:55 am

The epoxy should be a cool effect!
Wow. Some of you guys are much more advanced than I am in the wiring department.
I need your help. I can't possibly make all the mistakes myself!
Gordon Bellerose

Postby Eric Baack » Thu May 03, 2018 9:56 am

And on another guitar I'm fighting a grounding issue somewhere so I tore out the wiring and started over being more careful as to where my grounds are tied in. Got just a tiny bit to get that wired back up and plug it in to see how quiet it is. This one has the veroboard protoype board of the tubescreamer effect. It worked well when I put it into a box for testing but has been noisy in the guitar.
Eric Baack

Postby Eric Baack » Wed May 09, 2018 10:53 pm

I’ll have to get a few pictures off of the phone
Eric Baack

Postby Beate Ritzert » Sun May 13, 2018 6:08 pm

Eric Baack wrote:The first is what I have dubbed as McWormy. A double cut body out of wormy ash. I'll be filling the holes with tinted/glow epoxy for what will hopefully be a pretty cool effect..

AFAIK there is the possibility to tint the epoxy with luminescence color. An example has recently been shown on the Holy Grail Guitar Show in Berlin - this instrument: https://www.saitenkraft.ch/jk-mk-ii-t-legacy there exist a documentation of the building process in a german speaking forum. A cannot provede the link because that would be against the policies here.
Beate Ritzert

Postby Eric Baack » Mon May 14, 2018 9:09 am

I have put glow powder, blue tint, and pearl powder into it :)
Eric Baack

Return to Solid-Body and Chambered or Semi-Solid Electric Guitars and Bass Guitars