Lap steel string spacing

Please put your pickup/wiring discussions in the Electronics section; and put discussions about repair issues, including "disappearing" errors in new instruments, in the Repairs section.

Lap steel string spacing

Postby Bob Gleason » Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:05 am

I don't see a place to put this question, so here it is. I've made a lot of 6 string lap steels and now want to try some 8's. Looking for nut and saddle string spacing info. For either parallel or tapered style. Thanks, Bob
Bob Gleason

Re: Lap steel string spacing

Postby John Clifford » Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:09 pm

Um . . . 1.333 x 6-string spacing?
John Clifford

Postby David King » Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:24 pm

Bob, I've done a few roller nuts and bridges for 6 and 8 string lap steels. I'll look around for my notes on those but I'm sure they were pretty close to what everyone else was making.
David King

Postby Bob Gleason » Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:36 pm

Thanks for the replies. That 1.3 is about what I use on my 6's, but wondered if the 8's are a bit tighter or not.
Bob Gleason

Return to Solid-Body and Chambered or Semi-Solid Electric Guitars and Bass Guitars