Today is the day!

Please put your pickup/wiring discussions in the Electronics section; and put discussions about repair issues, including "disappearing" errors in new instruments, in the Repairs section.
Edward Rodriguez

Today is the day!

Post by Edward Rodriguez »

I start at Musicians Institute's Guitar Craft Academy. It's going to be Hellish working and going to school full time... I won't sleep for 6 months... but I'm pretty excited!
David King

Re: Today is the day!

Post by David King »

All the best on this endeavor Edward. Let us know what you are learning as you go.
Gordon Bellerose

Post by Gordon Bellerose »

Yeah, way to go Edward! I have nothing but admiration for people who go for extra learning, especially while working full time.
Please, as David has asked, let us know about your learning.
I need your help. I can't possibly make all the mistakes myself!
Edward Rodriguez

Thanks! Will do...

Last night was just 4 hours of lecture covering different options for custom builds. Most of it I already knew, but still interesting. Curiously, we'll be dealing with repairs and custom work at the same time.
Gordon Bellerose

Post by Gordon Bellerose »

Repairs is where I got my start in this business. It is very good to get to know all the basics before starting to build.
I need your help. I can't possibly make all the mistakes myself!
Edward Rodriguez

So... so... much information... my brain hurts. ;)
Edward Rodriguez

Friday was the last day of the semester. I passed, but it did come down to the last 15 minutes. I have to say that I'm not sure I'm going back. There's a heavy emphasis on repairs. While useful, they're not what I'm there for. Also, building while using $40K industrial machines won't help me much once I start building at home. I'm gonna take another look at You Tube tutorials and a couple books that were recommended to me here and decide what I'm gonna do. I have two weeks. I still have the fire to build, but may be taking another road. :D
Paul Rhoney

Post by Paul Rhoney »

Wahoo!

Return to “Solid-Body and Chambered or Semi-Solid Electric Guitars and Bass Guitars”