Neck-Thru Build Pics

Please put your pickup/wiring discussions in the Electronics section; and put discussions about repair issues, including "disappearing" errors in new instruments, in the Repairs section.
David King

Re: Neck-Thru Build Pics

Post by David King »

Great series and great advise Gordon.
The funny thing is that all this time I'd assumed you were building a bass. Well I'm not disappointed in the least.
Barry Daniels

Post by Barry Daniels »

Gordon, I see a bit of a glue filled gap in the neck lamination joints. Might want to revisit how you are preparing those joints.
MIMF Staff
Gordon Bellerose

Post by Gordon Bellerose »

Barry Daniels wrote:Gordon, I see a bit of a glue filled gap in the neck lamination joints. Might want to revisit how you are preparing those joints.
    I am wondering where you see that Barry. I've been over this guitar many times, and I cannot see any gaps.
    Can you tell me where it is you see that?
    It could be just the way the picture looks.
    I need your help. I can't possibly make all the mistakes myself!
    Barry Daniels

Post by Barry Daniels »

The gap appears in a photo of the top of the guitar and is located between the two pickups and between the paduak and maple stripes. It well could be an artifact of the picture. If so, excuse me.
    MIMF Staff
    Gordon Bellerose

That's OK Barry. I appreciate anyone pointing out any of my errors.
    After the trouble I had caused by poor joinery, please believe me when I tell you that I went over the joinery extremely closely after that.
    In going over the pictures again, in a couple of them it looks as though there is a glue joint. It was a bit of polish that I had not completely cleaned up.
    That polish is gone after the final buffing.
    Gordon Bellerose

The only reason I am writing in this thread is to bring it to the front again.
    Eric Knapp was asking about detailed build threads, and I told him about this one.
    Maybe, if the moderators think this is good enough, they can post it in the Detailed Build section.

Return to “Solid-Body and Chambered or Semi-Solid Electric Guitars and Bass Guitars”