Refinished Greg Bennett

Please put your pickup/wiring discussions in the Electronics section; and put discussions about repair issues, including "disappearing" errors in new instruments, in the Repairs section.
Ryan Michka

Refinished Greg Bennett

Post by Ryan Michka »

I just finished putting back together my Greg Bennett Malibu after refinishing it. I have been neglecting this guitar for a few years and have barely played it since getting newer guitars in that time frame. Since it was just a budget beginner guitar I thought I would try my hand at giving it a new paint job and some new pickups/electronics to make it able to compete with my other guitars. Stripping the finish took FOREVER and upon stripping it down to a clear coat(to seal the wood maybe?) I found that the wood is prett nice looking. Im not really sure what it is but I was expecting a crappy laminate body. I ended up leaving some residual paint and scratches/chips that were in the front of the body. They give it some character I think.

I went with a surf green-esque color for the back and sides. All in all its not a professional factory finish but Its a learning process I suppose and it looks good for my tastes. Ive got plenty of years to get better at this sort of stuff, i'm still a young un'.

The pickups are Seymour Duncan SSL1s.
Attachments
IMG_3754 smaller.jpg
IMG_3755 smaller.jpg
IMG_3752 smaller.jpg
IMG_3756 smaller.jpg
IMG_3759 smaller.jpg

Return to “Solid-Body and Chambered or Semi-Solid Electric Guitars and Bass Guitars”