a request for the Magnatone Leilani owners

Please put your pickup/wiring discussions in the Electronics section; and put discussions about repair issues, including "disappearing" errors in new instruments, in the Repairs section.
Claude Misukiewicz

a request for the Magnatone Leilani owners

Post by Claude Misukiewicz »

Hello folks,
As you may recall from an earlier post, my project is to build a lap steel modeled on the Magnatone Leilani, which I've only seen in pictures. I'd be ready to start making sawdust except for the fact that none of my drawing looks right to me. I was hoping one of you might be generous enough to help me by laying your guitar on some paper and tracing its outline for me. I'd be happy to send you materials and a stamped self-addressed envelope to make this simple for you. I'd also be happy to send you a token of my appreciation, which we could discuss if you're interested. Of course there's more than one way to do this—maybe you have a scanner or copier that you would prefer to use. I'm not asking for a finely rendered architectural drawing, just a tracing.
Let me know what you think.
Thanks,
Claude
JC Whitney

Re: a request for the Magnatone Leilani owners

Post by JC Whitney »

Try a Google image searh for "1950 Magnatone Leilani". The first result is a nice flat front on shot, just ripe for tracing and scaling up.
Claude Misukiewicz

Re: a request for the Magnatone Leilani owners

Thanks for the reply JC. Given that I'm addicted to google I've accumulated a folder full of such pictures including that one. I've scaled a few of those up but that hasn't been all that satisfactory. Maybe I would do better to work with a small scale design and scale up.
Claude Misukiewicz

Re: a request for the Magnatone Leilani owners--nevermind

Using some pictures and the help of an artist friend I've arrived at a working drawing. We'll see how it goes. In any case this request is moot.
Thanks,
CM

Return to “Solid-Body and Chambered or Semi-Solid Electric Guitars and Bass Guitars”