bridge lifting off

Please put your pickup/wiring discussions in the Electronics section; and put discussions about repair issues, including fixing errors in new instruments, in the Repairs section.
brad barron

Re: bridge lifting off

Post by brad barron »

Steve Senseney wrote:Being vegetarian, do you use shellac?
While I wouldn't eat them, bugs are in a different category .....
Chuck Tweedy

Post by Chuck Tweedy »

brad barron wrote:
Steve Senseney wrote:Being vegetarian, do you use shellac?
While I wouldn't eat them, bugs are in a different category .....
Well, we're all in the same big taxonomic category, Animalia, ... we're just not in the same phylum.
Do you eat Lobster? (same phylum as "bugs": Arthropoda)

:D
Likes to drink Rosewood Juice
Michael Lewis

Post by Michael Lewis »

Every living thing is 'dinner' for something. An interesting fact is every living thing on earth has DNA. We are all related to some degree, like it or not. Human DNA has some genes in common with a carrot, so where does one 'draw the line' between omnivore and vegetarian? What does that make a vegetarian? Ya gotta eat, so get over it. :o :shock: ;)
Chuck Tweedy

Post by Chuck Tweedy »

Yea verily.
Likes to drink Rosewood Juice
Randy Roberts

Post by Randy Roberts »

I think Brad has a point. We each define our own ethical and moral boundaries as experience, upbringing (or rebellion to upbringing), social pressures, etc. mold us.

I do have to say that I myself am aghast at the wanton cruelty and abuse this society continues to subject the order of living creatures grouped as Brassicaceae. I can only hope that, with the hopeful next revision of the Lacey act, you will all join me in a nationwide movement for inclusion of broccoli, Brussel sprouts, etc.,as among those Genus banned from harvest and international trade (legal or illegal).

Those or you that insist on consuming these innocent creatures just enable the terrible continuation of this wanton abuse. Just as Mark Twain advised about voting... "Don't. It just encourages 'em"

Now chicken fetuses for breakfast... that an entirely different story.

Michael,
You can quite easily and effectively draw the line at "green". If it isn't, then eat it. If it is, beware.

Return to “Flat-Top Acoustic Guitars and Bass Guitars”