Help request with my drum sander

Please put your pickup/wiring discussions in the Electronics section; and put discussions about repair issues, including fixing errors in new instruments, in the Repairs section.
Barry Daniels

Re: Help request with my drum sander

Post by Barry Daniels »

Carl, glad you came up with a solution. I think my suggestion should have been more directed to Enrico.
MIMF Staff
Clay Schaeffer

Post by Clay Schaeffer »

The precision we can expect from "home workshop" tooling is much less than an industrial tool might give. Two tenths of a millimetre is less than 8 thousandths of an inch. I would be very happy with that kind of accuracy with the woodworking tools I have. If it is truly a problem then a "work around" might be to leave the board 4 inches longer and cut off the the first and last two inches after thicknessing it.
Enrico Schiaffella

Post by Enrico Schiaffella »

I was away for a while. I thank you a lot for your help guys. I’ll try adjusting the pressure rollers and see what happens. Thanks
Carl Dickinson

Post by Carl Dickinson »

If you have the Jet manual, checkout pages 19-20. It talks about this very issue. Here's a link to the manual if you need it, http://content.jettools.com/assets/manu ... man_EN.pdf.
Enrico Schiaffella

Post by Enrico Schiaffella »

You’re right I missed it. I was probably discouraged by reading all these English technical terms. I think I will have to spend some time and read the instructions accurately. There is a lot of information that I miss for sure. Thanks for taking the time to look into it

Return to “Flat-Top Acoustic Guitars and Bass Guitars”