StewMac tools

Milestone Day

Please put your pickup/wiring discussions in the Electronics section; and put discussions about repair issues, including fixing errors in new instruments, in the Repairs section.

Re: Milestone Day

Postby Ryan Mazzocco » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:48 pm

congratulations Eric! that looks good. Your rosette is way better than my first attempt. keep at it!
Ryan Mazzocco

Postby Bob Francis » Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:32 pm

Congrats Eric
Bob Francis

Postby Eric Knapp » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:10 am

Ryan Mazzocco wrote:congratulations Eric! that looks good. Your rosette is way better than my first attempt. keep at it!

Thanks, Ryan. That's encouraging. My shop time is now reduced as summer school is starting. I hope to make some progress this summer but it will be pretty slow. I'm teaching at 2 colleges so I'm busy.

-Eric
Eric Knapp

Postby Eric Knapp » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:11 am

Bob Francis wrote:Congrats Eric

Thanks, Bob. I hope to join the ranks of those who've completed an instrument soon. It won't be soon enough, though.

-Eric
Eric Knapp

Postby Peter Wilcox » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:28 am

Eric Knapp wrote:Thanks, Bob. I hope to join the ranks of those who've completed an instrument soon. It won't be soon enough, though.

-Eric

Enjoy the process while it lasts - for me, anyway, once it's completed it's satisfying, but quickly out of mind as I'm thinking about or doing the next ones.
Maybe I can't fix it, but I can fix it so no one can fix it
Peter Wilcox

Postby Eric Knapp » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:34 am

Peter Wilcox wrote:
Eric Knapp wrote:Thanks, Bob. I hope to join the ranks of those who've completed an instrument soon. It won't be soon enough, though.

-Eric

Enjoy the process while it lasts - for me, anyway, once it's completed it's satisfying, but quickly out of mind as I'm thinking about or doing the next ones.

This is my mentality too. As I get my shop going my network of family and friends all want me to do "a little project" for them. Heh, I figured that would happen and I was hoping I could say no. However, some of the requests are from people that I can't say no to. All time spent on guitars will have to be stolen from work, family, and "little projects."

One step at a time, eh?

-Eric
Eric Knapp

Previous

Return to Flat-Top Acoustic Guitars and Bass Guitars