StewMac tools

Neck profile on a Guild F50

Please put your pickup/wiring discussions in the Electronics section; and put discussions about repair issues, including fixing errors in new instruments, in the Repairs section.

Neck profile on a Guild F50

Postby Doug Shaker » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:16 pm

I am making a guitar for a friend and the guitar that he currently uses is a Guild F50R. I'd like to duplicate the neck profile as much as possible, but his guitar is 75 miles North of me. Does anyone know of an on-line resource that might have detailed neck profile measurements?
-Doug Shaker
Doug Shaker

Re: Neck profile on a Guild F50

Postby Freeman Keller » Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:54 pm

Buy him a contour duplicator and have him take several profiles - nut, 6th fret, 12th. Trace the profiles, scan and e-mail to you. Then have him ship the duplicator to you - I use mine all the time

https://www.walmart.com/ip/ABN-Contour- ... 3=&veh=sem

I would also have him take a couple of depth and width measurements with calipers if he has them - same places
Freeman Keller

Return to Flat-Top Acoustic Guitars and Bass Guitars