StewMac tools

1965/66 Gibson B25-12 trapeze tailpiece

Please put your pickup/wiring discussions in the Electronics section; and put discussions about repair issues, including fixing errors in new instruments, in the Repairs section.

1965/66 Gibson B25-12 trapeze tailpiece

Postby Jeff Jones » Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:08 pm

Howdy folks,
I have a broken trap tailpiece to an old Gibson acoustic 12-string (pretty sure it is a B25-12N) and the aftermarket parts available (AllParts etc.) do not have the same hole pattern for attaching it to the end of the guitar. Both the endpiece and the rod broke. I may have to give up and drill new holes just so i can play it again. I have searched relentlessly on many Internet sites with no real luck. I am wondering if there is any possibility that someone makes a replica. Any advice :?:
Thanks a bunch!
Jeff
Jeff Jones

Re: 1965/66 Gibson B25-12 trapeze tailpiece

Postby Freeman Keller » Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:05 pm

I was able to purchase a 12 string tailpiece from National Resophonic for one of my projects. Also Todd Cambio at Fraulini Guitars might have something. Last option is to take it to a good metal fabricator and have him duplicate the old one.
Freeman Keller

Return to Flat-Top Acoustic Guitars and Bass Guitars