The others, as threatened... I mean promised...

Please put your pickup/wiring discussions in the Electronics section; and put discussions about repair issues, including fixing errors in new instruments, in the Repairs section.
Ryan Mazzocco

The others, as threatened... I mean promised...

Post by Ryan Mazzocco »

# 10 & 11 (in no paricular order)

the Primo Acero
acero 1.PNG
acero 2.PNG
acero 3.PNG
acero 3.PNG (146.49 KiB) Viewed 9411 times
acero 4.PNG
acero 4.PNG (138.59 KiB) Viewed 9411 times
acero 5.PNG
acero 5.PNG (146.92 KiB) Viewed 9411 times
Last edited by Ryan Mazzocco on Sat Apr 09, 2016 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ryan Mazzocco

Re: The others, as threatened... I mean promised...

Post by Ryan Mazzocco »

the Primo Ciliegia
ciliegia 1.PNG
ciliegia 2.PNG
ciliegia 4.PNG
ciliegia 5.PNG
ciliegia 5.PNG (114.73 KiB) Viewed 9410 times
ciliegia 6.PNG
ciliegia 6.PNG (132.23 KiB) Viewed 9410 times
Bill Raymond

Post by Bill Raymond »

prima ciliegia, not primo, nevvero?
Ryan Mazzocco

Post by Ryan Mazzocco »

Bill Raymond wrote:prima ciliegia, not primo, nevvero?
yes, if I was saying this is the "First Cherry" but that's not what's I'm saying. Primo is the series of guitars and not the model name. Ciliegia is the model name within the Primo Series. So, like Primo is to "D" as Ciliegia is to "28".
D-28
Primo Ciliegia
Get it?

It was a concern of mine but I figured no one would catch it. Clearly I was wrong. :D
Bill Raymond

Post by Bill Raymond »

Ho capito, Ryan. Sorry to have been so picky, but as a student of languages, I tend to notice these things.
Ryan Mazzocco

Post by Ryan Mazzocco »

Bill Raymond wrote:Ho capito, Ryan. Sorry to have been so picky, but as a student of languages, I tend to notice these things.
It's okay. I appreciate it. I am not a student of language. I don't speak Italian. My great grandfather forbid his children from passing it on to the next generation when he crossed the pond. I don't know why... so now I just do my best to stumble through English. So, I'm at a bit of a disadvantage to start out.
but the question you raise is valid and I've had to think about this conversation months ago because I thought it might come up at some point. I think for most people it doesn't matter, but for those that know, like you, it may be a distraction. Give me your honest opinion. Does my explanation satisfy you? Or does it still just seem totally wrong and I look like someone making a miserably failed attempt at feigning culture?
Bill Raymond

Post by Bill Raymond »

Ryan, I think your explanation is perfectly satisfying. It doesn't seem a miserably failed attempt, at all. It's a shame your grandfather didn't pass along the language to you, but he was doubtless trying his best to make sure his family assimilated and didn't end up speaking some sort of broken English. I do think it nice that you are trying to honor your family's Italian heritage. Don't let comments such I made deter you from this. I was merely being pedantic and misunderstood your appellation of this guitar.
Jason Rodgers

Post by Jason Rodgers »

Ryan Mazzocco wrote:Give me your honest opinion. Does my explanation satisfy you? Or does it still just seem totally wrong and I look like someone making a miserably failed attempt at feigning culture?
It's all good. But if you really want to milk the Italian surname, you should be building archtops! :lol:
-Ruining perfectly good wood, one day at a time.
Ryan Mazzocco

Post by Ryan Mazzocco »

Jason Rodgers wrote:
Ryan Mazzocco wrote:Give me your honest opinion. Does my explanation satisfy you? Or does it still just seem totally wrong and I look like someone making a miserably failed attempt at feigning culture?
It's all good. But if you really want to milk the Italian surname, you should be building archtops! :lol:
ah yes lol no that's too hard. maybe some day
Michael Lewis

Post by Michael Lewis »

Ryan, make what makes you happy. By the way, archtops are not so hard, they are just more work than a flat tops, and they are different 'animals'.

Return to “Flat-Top Acoustic Guitars and Bass Guitars”