Website to buy/sell Guitars

Please put your pickup/wiring discussions in the Electronics section; and put discussions about repair issues, including fixing errors in new instruments, in the Repairs section.
tannerhp

Website to buy/sell Guitars

Post by tannerhp »

Hey Guys,

I'm not trying to spam or anything, I'm just trying to figure out if this new idea is worth anything. We want to build a website that specifically helps those who buy/sell musical instruments. What need or problem do you think that what meet for you? Are there any specific features you would look for? Let me know what you guys think.

Thanks,

Tanner
Charlie Schultz
Site Admin

Re: Website to buy/sell Guitars

Post by Charlie Schultz »

Hi Tanner, please note we require real first and last names here. Please PM them to me and I'll fix it up for you.

As far as you website idea, I guess e - b a y would be one model to adopt. I think most people are going to want to try things like guitars and violins out before plunking down a lot of money, so you'll have to think about instruments getting damaged/lost/stolen during transit or the tryout period. Are you looking to make money on this site? If so, you've got to figure out how you're going to do that.

Good luck.
Rod True

Post by Rod True »

There is actually a very good site set up by Luthier Mark Blanchard for builders to sell their guitars http://www.guitarmakerdirect.com/index.php so to answer your question, it's worth something but it's also already happening by a very well established Luthier.

Also, there's the classified section at the Acoustic Guitar Forum, where there's 63,xxx members, sooooo your competition is very well established....

Just thought I'd let you know before you start investing huge time and $$......
The grass is always greener till you get to the other side...
tannerhp

Post by tannerhp »

Thanks for the replies. Yes we are planning to help people build themselves an e-commerce website which they can specifically buy and sell instruments. So the customers would have a subscription. So currently, knowing how large the market is for instruments, we feel creating a site specifically for that aspect of the industry could be beneficial for those who are trying to take their business online. Currently, we are trying to figure out what those potential customers may really want and what features they would need.

I think looking at how to ship and verify the instruments are authentic would be integral to successful sites.
I'd love to hear more of your ideas!

Tanner

Return to “Flat-Top Acoustic Guitars and Bass Guitars”