Thinking about pictures

Talk with the MIMForum staff! This is the section for discussing the workings of this forum. Your suggestions always welcome!
Tim Douglass

Thinking about pictures

Post by Tim Douglass »

It seems to me that we will want to re-discuss the reasons behind uploading pictures rather than linking to them. On the old forum it was made clear that only discussions with uploaded pictures would be archived to the library. With a change in the archiving system it looks to me like we could end up with the same problem a lot of other fora have where archived discussions are full of links to non-existent pictures.

In short, I think it still behooves us to upload rather than link.
Jim McConkey

Re: Thinking about pictures

Post by Jim McConkey »

The reasons for that rule have not changed. Links to anything on the internet are rarely permanent. If you only include a link to a picture, it often will not be there when someone pulls up that discussion from the library. The pictures are important parts of a discussion and should be archived with the discussion. When you post a picture, you are explicitly giving the MIMF permission to archive and publish it. It would be a copyright violation for us to archive pictures that we were not given explicit permission to archive.
MIMForum Staff - Way North of Baltimore

Return to “The Soundhole”