StewMac tools

re-sizing pics

Talk with the MIMForum staff! This is the section for discussing the workings of this forum. Your suggestions always welcome!

re-sizing pics

Postby Kory Pevoto » Sat Oct 08, 2016 5:05 pm

The forum post about posting images was not specific enough. I think it said "150k". Does that mean Kilobytes? I take pictures with my phone and they average about 2.2 megabytes in file size. Can somebody please tell me in pixels and/or file size terms, what do pictures need to be reduced to before posting?
Kory Pevoto

Re: re-sizing pics

Postby Charlie Schultz » Sat Oct 08, 2016 5:16 pm

Hi Kory,
Yes, 150 kilobytes is the size limit. If you don't already have one, there are a number of free photo editors on line- I like IrfanView (http://www.irfanview.com/).

Generally what I do is crop the picture and then resize it. Most programs have some presets, like 800x600 or 640x480, both of which will usually get you something < 150k.
Charlie Schultz
Site Admin

Re: re-sizing pics

Postby Kory Pevoto » Sat Oct 08, 2016 5:30 pm

Ok I think I got the process down. I will now attempt to add the 3 pics to my post in Electronics.
Kory Pevoto

Return to The Soundhole