The "____ON" Smokestack

The place to chat with your fellow MIMForum members about whatever you want that doesn't relate to instruments, or isn't specific to one instrument family. Pull up a chair, grab a cold one out of the virtual 'fridge, and tell your friends what's on your mind.
Alan Peterson

The "____ON" Smokestack

Post by Alan Peterson »

Work continues on the restoration of the historic "Gibson Smokestack" at the old factory on Parson's Street in Kalamazoo (presently home to Heritage).

I dont know how long it will still be up there, but if you enter 42.300989, -85.580580 into Google Maps and switch to Street View, you'll get a fleeting glimpse of the scaffolding surrounding the last few feet of the steam power plant's dismantled chimney. All that's shown is "ON". I cant make it out to Kalamazoo myself, but I look forward to a Google update showing the restored stack.
Alan Peterson
Name in Anagram Form: "Resonant Peal"
Alan Peterson

Re: The "____ON" Smokestack

Post by Alan Peterson »

And just to add to the silliness ...

If you turn and "look over your shoulder", you'll see two men and a woman heading to the parking lot on a day the plant appears to be closed.

It's hard to tell, but I think they're making off with the plans for the Standard Eagle Classic. :D
Alan Peterson
Name in Anagram Form: "Resonant Peal"

Return to “Jam Session”