Just Intonation Tuner for Linux

The place to chat with your fellow MIMForum members about whatever you want that doesn't relate to instruments, or isn't specific to one instrument family. Pull up a chair, grab a cold one out of the virtual 'fridge, and tell your friends what's on your mind.
Hans Bezemer

Just Intonation Tuner for Linux

Post by Hans Bezemer »

I've made a Just Intonation tuner, which contains a bunch of scales which can be modulated to any (microtonal) key.

The release announcement is made over here, including a link to the repository.
Feel free to use it, it's open source.

I've made a recording using the tuner to find the septimal minor thirds.

btw. I defretted a discarded nylon string guitar and retuned it to an all fifthstuning (F-C-G-D-A-E).

Kind regards,

Hans
Gordon Bellerose

Re: Just Intonation Tuner for Linux

Post by Gordon Bellerose »

Hans.

Will this software work on every platform?
I need your help. I can't possibly make all the mistakes myself!
Liam McGillivray

Re: Just Intonation Tuner for Linux

Post by Liam McGillivray »

I feel lucky to run into this on my first look at this forum. "Microtonal music software for Linux" is an obscure topic, but I have been frustrated by the lack of it. So it's nice to unexpectedly find someone that shares the interest.

I have this repository for a fork of Qsynth in which I have attempted to add support for retuning, although I have weak programming skills so I never got too far on it.

I will check out your program tomorrow. I don't have any instruments at the moment that are compatible with just intonation, but I am interested in it.

Return to “Jam Session”