Help Finding a Guitar Site

The place to chat with your fellow MIMForum members about whatever you want that doesn't relate to instruments, or isn't specific to one instrument family. Pull up a chair, grab a cold one out of the virtual 'fridge, and tell your friends what's on your mind.
Butch Brookshier

Help Finding a Guitar Site

Post by Butch Brookshier »

I hope I've put this in the right place.
I'm trying to find a site I visited several years ago. I thought I had bookmarked it, but if so, I've lost it.
It was the site of a shop/repairman that had many photos of various guitars he had repaired. The things that stuck with me are his use of de-ionized water and a guitar he was repairing that had a big chunk of epoxy from some hamfisted repair in it. Many of the repairs were shown in step-by-step fashion.

It's not Hoffman guitars. I've tried some Google searches, but haven't hit on the right combination of search terms. Of course, the site may have since disappeared.

Anyone have any ideas?
My avatar is my incredibly life-like self portrait.
Alain Lambert

Re: Help Finding a Guitar Site

Post by Alain Lambert »

It may be FRETS.com
Butch Brookshier

Re: Help Finding a Guitar Site

Post by Butch Brookshier »

That's it. For some reason my old bookmark for the site no longer functioned, but doing a Google search for the URL brought it up. And the repair pages are under the not really well named "Items for Luthiers", which sounds like a merchandize page.

In any case, thanks!
My avatar is my incredibly life-like self portrait.

Return to “Jam Session”