Going on vacation

The place to chat with your fellow MIMForum members about whatever you want that doesn't relate to instruments, or isn't specific to one instrument family. Pull up a chair, grab a cold one out of the virtual 'fridge, and tell your friends what's on your mind.
Ryan Mazzocco

Going on vacation

Post by Ryan Mazzocco »

I'm heading out the end of this week for a little vacation. I'll be in NYC for a long weekend then spending the next week in the Danbury Connecticut area. What are some luthiery related places I need to visit? Or people I should try to meet?
David King

Re: Going on vacation

Post by David King »

John Monteleone would be on my short list but I'd hate to get in his way. Another pilgrimage would be to Kingston, NY where the luthiers are 10% of the population.
As for NYC stores, Manny's is long gone but Sam Ash is still there. Mandolin Brothers in Staten Island might be interesting. Call ahead to make an appointment.
Bob Gramann

Post by Bob Gramann »

You might want to go to the Woodstock Invitational Luthiers Showcse in Woodstock New York. 47 or so luthiers in attendance. Woodstockinvitational.com. If you come, say hello to me.
Ryan Mazzocco

Post by Ryan Mazzocco »

Bob Gramann wrote:You might want to go to the Woodstock Invitational Luthiers Showcse in Woodstock New York. 47 or so luthiers in attendance. Woodstockinvitational.com. If you come, say hello to me.
I really really want to go to that but we have another couple with us and we don't have a car. If there's any way I can swing it I'll be sure to come say hi to you for sure!

Return to “Jam Session”