New guy. Second post. This is my current project. Mahogany, Maple and cherry.....

The place to chat with your fellow MIMForum members about whatever you want that doesn't relate to instruments, or isn't specific to one instrument family. Pull up a chair, grab a cold one out of the virtual 'fridge, and tell your friends what's on your mind.
Frank Smit

New guy. Second post. This is my current project. Mahogany, Maple and cherry.....

Post by Frank Smit »

I used to work in a cabinet shop that would recieve pallets of material twice weekly. I started noticing the pallets were made out of pieces of Tiger maple, mahogany and birch. One day a freeking mahogany pallet came in.........also, I included a pic of some of the humbucker rings I've been making. Figured I'd post something to let this community know something about me and why I'm here. If this is the wrong section to post this, or if there is a better spot, let me know. Thanks.
Attachments
20160322_153257.jpg
20160326_154438-1.jpg
Barry Daniels

Re: New guy. Second post. This is my current project. Mahogany, Maple and cherry.....

Post by Barry Daniels »

Hey Frank. Welcome to the MIMF. Nice looking project there.
MIMF Staff
Frank Smit

Re: New guy. Second post. This is my current project. Mahogany, Maple and cherry.....

Post by Frank Smit »

Barry Daniels, thanks. It's very rough at this point. You can see, if even got red sharpie where I need to shave little bits off the pick guard here and there. Also, I like to kick my necks back pretty far, which heightens the bridge height. Been working on an idea to improve upon the Gibson style mounting system.........bolt-thru body roller bridge a studs anybody?
Bryan Bear

Post by Bryan Bear »

Welcome aboard, hope to see more of your work.
PMoMC

Take care of your feet and your feet will take care of you.
Frank Smit

Post by Frank Smit »

Toggle switch plate and my risers. I needed to raise my bridge considerably, so I decided to improve on the Les Paul pressed in bushing system. The ribbed portion is the additional height and the cylindrical portion is countersunk into the body. I tapped THAT portion to 5/16-18 thread so it can be bolted into the body from the back. The tail piece will need something similar if not only to match the setup.
Attachments
20160403_144634.jpg
Frank Smit

Post by Frank Smit »

Added photos......
Attachments
20160402_233314.jpg
20160402_233326.jpg
20160403_145415.jpg
20160403_145435.jpg

Return to “Jam Session”