rooting Dalbergia latifolia cutting

The place to chat with your fellow MIMForum members about whatever you want that doesn't relate to instruments, or isn't specific to one instrument family. Pull up a chair, grab a cold one out of the virtual 'fridge, and tell your friends what's on your mind.
Chih-Wei Liu

rooting Dalbergia latifolia cutting

Post by Chih-Wei Liu »

Several yrs ago I was given one EIR(D. latifolia) seedling. I planted it in a small park and it grows vigorously. OTOH, all my D. nigra grow a lot slower than this D. latifolia. Recently I got an aeroponic cloner and I sticked some cuttings of both D. nigra and latifolia in it. Three weeks later, a cutting of D. latifolia starts to root! I'm sure D. nigra cuttings will root eventually. I have dreamed of making musical instruments with trees I planted myself, and that's one good reason to live healthy. :D

Bill Raymond

Re: rooting Dalbergia latifolia cutting

Post by Bill Raymond »

There are rooting hormones available that one puts on the cut end of a cutting to stimulate rooting.

I hope you live for a long, long time--long enough to fulfill your dream.
Chih-Wei Liu

Post by Chih-Wei Liu »

Thanks, Bill! I guess the size of a trunk big enough for a 4-pc back is acheivable in about 15~20 years.
Bryan Bear

Post by Bryan Bear »

Wow, that is cool. Too bad rosewood won't grow in the midwest USA. And I'm not 20 years younger.
PMoMC

Take care of your feet and your feet will take care of you.

Return to “Jam Session”