Next build?

The place to chat with your fellow MIMForum members about whatever you want that doesn't relate to instruments, or isn't specific to one instrument family. Pull up a chair, grab a cold one out of the virtual 'fridge, and tell your friends what's on your mind.
Nate Scott

Next build?

Post by Nate Scott »

I'm thinking maybe one of these: http://youtu.be/toXNVbvFXyk

Might be tough to find a decent case, though. :-P
Bryan Bear

Re: Next build?

Post by Bryan Bear »

I made a pair of those for the local elementary school music department last year. One with Brazilian rosewood/WRC the other all walnut (including the soundboard). Now they want me to make mobile bases for them. Apparently one of the 5th graders threw out his back using one in the marching band; the parents are all in a tizzy about it. . .
PMoMC

Take care of your feet and your feet will take care of you.
Michael Lewis

Post by Michael Lewis »

Brush up on your computer skills.
Clay Schaeffer

Post by Clay Schaeffer »

Tuning and programming, playing optional. It seems like that is what music is coming to these days.
Stephen Neal Saqui

Post by Stephen Neal Saqui »

There are plenty of young folks diving into playing instruments. Films like this are a joy of engineering which, if anything would inspire some towards playing music themselves. I see them in the shop frequently.

My grandson is a student of robotics in his college. He gets a bang out of this as well. Tickles the imagination!

Return to “Jam Session”