a little help for our friend

The place to chat with your fellow MIMForum members about whatever you want that doesn't relate to instruments, or isn't specific to one instrument family. Pull up a chair, grab a cold one out of the virtual 'fridge, and tell your friends what's on your mind.
Greg Martin

a little help for our friend

Post by Greg Martin »

Im posting this from builder Wyatt Wilkes FB page . Wyatt is a new found friend of mine, we have something in common. Cancer. Wyatt is a fantastic archtop and mandolin builder,he lives in Canada and is a family man. He apprenticed with Bob Benedetto for 2 years. He has a terrible cancer of the blader and prostate,his surgerys have been successful,but I know his recovery will be long and that means his money from building will be short. I found out about a donation setup for him and his family from this facebook posting. Search your heart and please donate what you can Wyatt is a good guy why not lend a hand. here is his link:http://www.gofundme.com/wyattwilkie
Darcy Muenchrath
December 16, 2014 at 9:42pm
My name is Darcy and I am writing you in regards to my good friend Wyatt Wilkie. As some of you may be aware, and for those that are not, Wyatt was diagnosed with bladder cancer this past spring. In July he had a tumor removed before starting chemotherapy. This was followed by intensive surgery in November to remove his bladder and prostate. He is now the proud owner of a neobladder created from his small intestine. Wyatt is now at home recovering and adjusting to a new normal. The problem now is that Wyatt has not been working for several months and won't be able to work again for 3-4 months. Being so far away from Wyatt I feel rather helpless and want to help in anyway I can. My friend Doug and I have put together a page on a fundraising site to hopefully help bring in a little money to ease some of Wyatt’s unneeded stresses right now. If you have the time and want to contribute, click on the link below. I have chosen a very reputable crowdfunding website.It is a safe and secure way of sending money if you choose to. Any amount is greatly appreciated and if you do not feel comfortable leaving your name, you can easily make an anonymous donation. And please share this with anyone you feel may want to help out. We want to see Wyatt recover, but he does need these next few months to heal fully. http://www.gofundme.com/wyattwilkie If you have any questions, please feel free to message me anytime. Thanks and all the best!
Mark Swanson

Re: a little help for our friend

Post by Mark Swanson »

Thanks Greg, best wishes to Wyatt and all who have been touched by cancer.
  • Mark Swanson, guitarist, MIMForum Staff

Return to “Jam Session”