StewMac tools

Piano adoption site

The place to chat with your fellow MIMForum members about whatever you want that doesn't relate to instruments, or isn't specific to one instrument family. Pull up a chair, grab a cold one out of the virtual 'fridge, and tell your friends what's on your mind.

Piano adoption site

Postby Steve Senseney » Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:08 pm

pianoadoption.com is a site that lists pianos available for free.

I have been perusing some of the piano forums on the internet.

If you are looking for a start in piano rebuilding, or want to just have one to take completely apart just to explore a piano, they are all over the United States for free.

I have seen upright Steinways, grand pianos, quite a few spinets from the 1940-1980 era (which would be on the absolute bottom of my list of choices), many of the large uprights from 1880-1920, and some player pianos all available for free.

If you are needing a few ivories to repair keytops, these pianos sometimes have good ivories.

Many are going to the dump unless someone picks them up soon.

To be a little more complete, Craigslist has lots of pianos available also, and many are listed on ebay.

I hate to see them thrown away.

Pianoworld.com is a forum. Not nearly as civil as the mimf. It does have a very active group of technicians, who have a lot of experience with piano problems. They look down on DIY people sometimes, but if you need information, it is a source.
Steve Senseney

Return to Jam Session