MIMF on iPhone/Android?

The place to chat with your fellow MIMForum members about whatever you want that doesn't relate to instruments, or isn't specific to one instrument family. Pull up a chair, grab a cold one out of the virtual 'fridge, and tell your friends what's on your mind.
Charlie Schultz
Site Admin

MIMF on iPhone/Android?

Post by Charlie Schultz »

Hi everyone,
Doug Shaker was asking about apps to make MIMF "friendly" to the iPhone. Anyone have experience with that? After a quick look I see ForumRunner, TapaTalk and TouchBB all seem to talk about having a way to deal with phpBB forums. Is there a favorite amongst you iPhone users? We might be able to get a custom version of ForumRunner done, not sure what the cost is though.

Charlie
Nathan Dodd

Re: MIMF on iPhone/Android?

Post by Nathan Dodd »

I use tapatalk for other forums and it's a great little app. very easy to navigate and very stable.
Greg Robinson

Post by Greg Robinson »

I mostly browse the MIMF on my iPhone, and just use the inbuilt browser, Safari.
The only deficiency I've found is that you cannot attach uploads, so when I need to do that, I switch to a desktop.
Having no experience with any of these apps, do they allow for uploads?
MIMForum staff member - Melbourne, Australia
Nathan Dodd

Post by Nathan Dodd »

Tapatalk does. You can upload right from your gallery or camera. It also allows you access to your pms right off your phone. It's a lovely little app.
Thomas Dooher

Post by Thomas Dooher »

X2 for Tapatalk...I use it for my other stringed obsession site, AcheryTalk.
Jason Rodgers

Post by Jason Rodgers »

My phone is not of the smart variety, but I enjoy browsing the MIMF on my Kindle. What would something like this Tapa-thingy do to my viewing?
-Ruining perfectly good wood, one day at a time.
Jim McConkey

Post by Jim McConkey »

The problem with most smart phones is that with all the forum formatting, there is little room left for text, and the controls get microscopic. These various forum apps intelligently discard much of the formatting to make forums much easier to read and navigate.
MIMForum Staff - Way North of Baltimore
Thomas Dooher

Post by Thomas Dooher »

I use tapatalk for the other stringed obsession site (archerytalk) I subscribe to. It's almost (I said ALMOST) an industry standard for browsing boards via mobile.
Pat Macaluso

Post by Pat Macaluso »

I use Tapatalk and it is great for mobile browsing. As mentioned, it's much easier to read text. My favorite thing is that it remembers where I left off on each thread.
Bryan Bear

Post by Bryan Bear »

I thought you could uploaded d picture from a smart phone. This is a test (iPhone).
image.jpeg
Edit: smart phone using safari not tapatalk.
PMoMC

Take care of your feet and your feet will take care of you.

Return to “Jam Session”