Contemporary Acoustic Guitar Design and Build

Registered members, you may place your commercial ads here (there are no longer any fees for this). The MIMF plans are here. And the occasional "help wanted".
Forum rules
Either ad may include your logo and a link to your website if you have one.
Charlie Schultz
Site Admin

Post by Charlie Schultz »

Books_ss.jpg
Fast becoming recognised as the book on guitar building

Extracts from R.M. Mottola’s GAL (http://www.luth.org) review of Contemporary Acoustic Guitar Design and Build by Trevor Gore and Gerard Gilet.

…I consider this book to represent a major milestone in lutherie “how to” publications, and for a variety of reasons any one of which would be sufficient to warrant that assessment…

…It is amazingly comprehensive in scope…

…The design volume presents derivations of equations of practical use to the builder. College level math is required to follow the derivations, but I urge readers not possessing this background to not dismiss this work on these grounds. If you can’t follow the derivations skip them – the end results are always simple algebraic equations (again, the authors’ focus is not theoretical but practical guitar making)…

…In addition, behind these equations you will find some of the very best and most accessible explanations of the relevant mechanics and musical instrument acoustics that I have ever seen in print…

Contemporary Acoustic Guitar Design and Build, the guitar makers’ reference.

Full review

Reader reaction

Buy the book

Ask Trevor

Return to “Builders' Supplies and Services”