Photo finishes

TEST ON SCRAP FIRST! If your question is about repair work, either regluing or refinishing, please post it in our Repair Section.
Mark Wybierala

Photo finishes

Post by Mark Wybierala »

I'm going to a print shop to get some advice also but does anyone have any experience with using a photo or printed image to do something like cover the entire back of a solidbody guitar? What type of printing process, the type of paper or film it was printed on to and the type of adhesive used to attach it. I suppose I'd seal it under polyurethane.
Bryan Bear

Re: Photo finishes

Post by Bryan Bear »

There are probably better ways than this but I offer it as food for thought and perhaps a place to start with some research. I have seen some mini videos floating around on social media of people transferring photos to wood. I never gave them much thought until now. . . IIRC they printed the photos in reverse and glued them face down to the wood (not sure what type of glue) then the photo paper was scrubbed away with water and maybe soap or something leaving the image behind to be clear coated.

I know my description is short on details but it may point you in the right direction.
PMoMC

Take care of your feet and your feet will take care of you.
Rodger Knox

Re: Photo finishes

Post by Rodger Knox »

You mean something like this?
cb01.JPG
cb02.JPG
There should be a tutorial in the archives of the technique I used.
A man hears what he wants to hear, and disreguards the rest. Paul Simon

Return to “Glues and Finishes”