Quality Spray Gun Recommendations Needed

TEST ON SCRAP FIRST! If your question is about repair work, either regluing or refinishing, please post it in our Repair Section.
Andrew McSpadden

Quality Spray Gun Recommendations Needed

Post by Andrew McSpadden »

I am spraying Enduro-Var and I have HAD IT with my HF door jam guns for spraying bursts. I have $200 to spend. Recommendations?
Todd Stock

Re: Quality Spray Gun Recommendations Needed

Post by Todd Stock »

A used SATA Mini-Jet 3 if you can find one - they come up on Craigslist once in a while, and a rebuild kit is not expensive. O for a new gun, try a mid-priced gun like an Asturo WB...about $200 and 3 com @ 40 psi. The Asturo is all stainless, which is the reason for the 'WB' moniker - no corrosion of aluminum or brass/bronze with waterbased stuff like Enduro-Var.

http://www.spraygunworld.com/products/A ... 20Cup.html

FWIW, I seldom spray with conversion guns anymore - the Fiji MM-4 with T-75G will handle everything from airbrush-like touchups to full-scale stuff like boats and airplanes. Just out of your price range by $600 or so.
Chuck Tweedy

Post by Chuck Tweedy »

Andrew, I use a cheap HPLV gun for EV - with SS internals. I'm sure the guns Todd reccommends are good.

Be sure to use a 1mm tip (as spec'ed by General). And filter the finish - and you should good to go.
Likes to drink Rosewood Juice
Andrew McSpadden

Post by Andrew McSpadden »

I bought the Asturo! I will post my review in a week or two. Thanks for the Recommendations!

Return to “Glues and Finishes”