cedar spruce double top glue (Alain Bieber thread)

TEST ON SCRAP FIRST! If your question is about repair work, either regluing or refinishing, please post it in our Repair Section.
Simon Magennis

cedar spruce double top glue (Alain Bieber thread)

Post by Simon Magennis »

A few years back Alain Bieber had a thread about a double top. As far as I recall it did not have nomex or similar in it but I may be mistaken. However, it included a discussion about glue which is what I am interested in. As far as I recall he experimented with various types of urea based glue. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find the thread although I searched a couple of times. Does anyone here recall the details of the glue or know of a better way to search and find the original thread.

Thanks. Simon
Randy Roberts

Re: cedar spruce double top glue (Alain Bieber thread)

Post by Randy Roberts »

Simon,
Is this what you're looking for?

http://www.mimf.com/library/Alain_Biebe ... -2009.html

I went to the search "new" library and searched for Alain Beiber double top. There are two libraries and it can pay to search both of them.
Simon Magennis

Re: cedar spruce double top glue (Alain Bieber thread)

Post by Simon Magennis »

Thanks Randy. That is certainly some of what i was looking for. Specifically the comments about PU glue. THat helps. I had a feeling that he mentioned another double top somewhere where he had the two layers of wood running at an angle to each other. Maybe even a cedar/spruce and possibly without nomex. I will use you try you tip about the two libraries. Thanks.

Return to “Glues and Finishes”