no biggie: a good inexpensive glue syringe

Questions about tools and jigs you want to buy/build/modify.
Bob Hammond

no biggie: a good inexpensive glue syringe

Post by Bob Hammond »

Hi,

Here's an item I picked up at the Kroger supermarket. It's a 30ml turkey injector syringe that has several features to recommend it. The barrel & plunger are made of polycarbonate, The needle & hub are standared stainless steel Luer-Lok fittings (medical style & grade). It can be fully disassembled for cleaning, including removing the luer fitting from the barrel. It would be perfect for hot hide or regular glues. I would not soak it in organic solvents, but a quick wipedown shouldn't hurt it. It might be a good idea to bore out the Luer fitting a bit too. And all that for $2.50.
Attachments
sorry for blur!
sorry for blur!
Paul Breen

Re: no biggie: a good inexpensive glue syringe

Post by Paul Breen »

Here is my rig, pictured with a few bent Brass tubes and the pipettes I use. A stewmac syringe, plastic and Brass tubing from the the hardware store and a regular hypo needle. The tubing I.D.'s are 1/8" and the hypo needles just by luck happened to be a snug fit on the Brass tubing. I just bend lengths of the Brass tubing for each project and make new ones as needed. Great for hard to reach braces or inside small access holes, ect.. If the hypo needle leaks a bit on the end of the Brass tubing, some electrical tape wrapped tightly fixes the problem. To keep hide glue hot in the rig, I place the loaded injector rig on a piece of Black plastic laminate with an infra Red lamp over it. Shiny objects will not heat under Infra Red light but the Black laminate does and keeps things warmed up.
Glue injector rig.jpg
Matthew Lau

Post by Matthew Lau »

If any of you are related to a MD or dentist, we get a box of 50 for about $20.
Bob Francis

Post by Bob Francis »

Matthew Lau wrote:If any of you are related to a MD or dentist, we get a box of 50 for about $20.
That's a great idea. I was going to Tractor Supply to see if they had anything for livestock.

Return to “Tools and Jigs”