the Fishman/Fender PM preamp and electronics

Pickups, magnets, microphones, amps, speakers, cabs, whatever...
Ryan Mazzocco

the Fishman/Fender PM preamp and electronics

Post by Ryan Mazzocco »

I'm working with a customer on a guitar design right now and he wants it set up with onboard preamp, tuner and electronics. He really wants the Fishman/Fender PM model as found on the Fender Paramount series. I am not familiar with these personally so I don't know how they perform, but he really wants this if possible. I was concerned that this might be a Fender proprietary thing that they wouldn't allow boutique builders to use. I had my friend, who works at my local Fender dealer guitar shop, to inquire. Fender emailed back and said they have no stake in it and to contact Fishman. My friend has tried to contact fishman with no response after a week. I am unable to find this system anywhere else online. It seems it's not sold anywhere aftermarket. Short of buying a Fender Paramount guitar and stealing the electronics out of it I'm not sure how to acquire one. Any ideas?
Thanks
JC Whitney

Re: the Fishman/Fender PM preamp and electronics

Post by JC Whitney »

Have you checked out the Fishman "Flex" series?... https://www.fishman.com/fishman-equipped/flex/
Barry Daniels

Re: the Fishman/Fender PM preamp and electronics

Post by Barry Daniels »

I would not install a side mounted preamp in one of my custom guitars. In 5 or 10 years the preamp will be toast and then the guitar will have a big hole. There are better sound production options.
MIMF Staff

Return to “Electronics”