Ampeg Reverberocket Tone Control Markings

Pickups, magnets, microphones, amps, speakers, cabs, whatever...
Reno Manno

Ampeg Reverberocket Tone Control Markings

Post by Reno Manno »

Hello, I didn't know where else to post this and since it's amp related I figured this group would be close enough.

I have a mint mid to late 60's Reverberocket. I have just had it "freshened" up electronically. It sounds killer. And it looks killer.

There is nothing wrong with it except for ONE thing. The tone control markings are very bad. The Reverb and Tremolo are almost gone completely.

That being said I searched and searched for *something* that could replace them and could not find anything. I have heard that at one time someone was producing replacement stickers that you could put on.

Someone I was talking to suggested that this would be a good place to ask.

Would in fact, anyone here know of anywhere to get a set?

Thanks in advance!
David King

Re: Ampeg Reverberocket Tone Control Markings

Post by David King »

Hi Reno, Welcome to the MIMF. Have you tied contacting Ampeg directly about this. It looks like the original white paint must have been applied with a silkscrren or stencil. It wouldn't be too hard to find the appropriate font and have some waterslide decals made if someone hasn't already done so.
Reno Manno

Re: Ampeg Reverberocket Tone Control Markings

Post by Reno Manno »

Thanks David! I will give them a try. I talked to one old timer amp guy who said he recalls that someone used to have them...but could not remember where!

Thanks again...

Return to “Electronics”