StewMac tools

mini 5pin connectors for swapping pickups

Pickups, magnets, microphones, amps, speakers, cabs, whatever...

mini 5pin connectors for swapping pickups

Postby Greg Martin » Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:33 pm

Im going to wind some pickups as soon as it warms up,and would like to find some mini 3 or 5 pin connectors that would allow me to swap out test pickups with out repeated soldering during testing.i had though about deans connectors but maybe there are others??
Greg Martin

Re: mini 5pin connectors for swapping pickups

Postby David King » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:14 am

EMG uses AMP connectors and those are widely available from places like Mouser and Digikey. I think you want the .1" pitch if you want to match up to the EMG's wiring harnesses. Other companies make more or less compatible connectors.
David King

Re: mini 5pin connectors for swapping pickups

Postby Dan Smith » Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:05 pm

David King wrote:EMG uses AMP connectors and those are widely available from places like Mouser and Digikey. I think you want the .1" pitch if you want to match up to the EMG's wiring harnesses. Other companies make more or less compatible connectors.

Molex are good too.
Ever-body was kung fu fight-in,
Them kids was fast as light-nin.
Dan Smith

Return to Electronics