New member and Ibanez into Les paul Jimmy Page wiring

Pickups, magnets, microphones, amps, speakers, cabs, whatever...
Frank Smit

New member and Ibanez into Les paul Jimmy Page wiring

Post by Frank Smit »

Hello all. I'm new to the forum. I am 37. Finish carpenter/custom wood crafter. I have been building electrics of all weirdnesses for a number of years now. I also recently started casting some cool parts like pickup rings etc... My main factory guitar is an Epiphone Les Paul. It has had a lot of work over the years. I have played it hard andrive abused it. She's been dropped, stolen, left in the cold, and even had her head snapped off. I finally had a professional do a REAL neck job and setup. It plays like a dream and honestly I like in now better than any Gib. I've played. Getting to my question. I recently bought a Jersey Guitar Garage Jimmy Page Les Paul wiring harness. It has 4 push pulls, so pretty full of wires. I am installing a set of Ibanez pups off a Jetking (at least for now). I stripped a jetking years ago and put those pickups in one of my first builds. Let me tell you. I was less than impressed with the Jetking, but those pickups come to life in the right assembly. My issue is, the color codes for Gib. and Ibanez are different. I have found and saved several images online of many color code charts. Most seem similar. Am I right in thinking that I can go off these and simply match up the witems that way? My harness uses Gibson, black green, red, white color scheme. Since this setup is so insane, I know one little issue will throw the entire combination of sound possibilities off. Thanks anybody for any advice.
David King

Re: New member and Ibanez into Les paul Jimmy Page wiring

Post by David King »

Those color code charts are accurate. The only problem I've ever had with them is when a pickup comes in with wrong connections from the factory. I never expect any wiring project to for correctly from the get go. I always have to go back in and check my work to figure out what I got wrong the first time.

Return to “Electronics”