Help needed finding switch

Pickups, magnets, microphones, amps, speakers, cabs, whatever...
Mike Perrino

Help needed finding switch

Post by Mike Perrino »

Hello everyone, new here, just registered.
I need a little help finding a switch. My electrical knowledge isn't the best.
I'm not sure if this switch exists, but if it does, can someone let me know what the switch is called and where I can find a few?
It is supposed to be a 3 position slide switch.
Thanks.
Attachments
switch needed for circuit.jpg
Peter Wilcox

Re: Help needed finding switch

Post by Peter Wilcox »

Your diagram doesn't make a lot of sense to me (but switches always confuse me), not showing inputs, outputs and switch positions, but I'd call it a 3 pole 3 way switch. What are you going to use it for?
Maybe I can't fix it, but I can fix it so no one can fix it
Dan Smith

Post by Dan Smith »

You might try seaching Mouser.
Mouser Part #:
629-G168S3011
This one's a 3P3T
Dan
Ever-body was kung fu fight-in,
Them kids was fast as light-nin.
Mike Perrino

Post by Mike Perrino »

I am using it to improve upon Brian May's wiring. Pretty much Brian May wiring, but with added parallel options, and combining series and parallel when all 3 pickups are in use. I already have a working circuit designed using six DPDT switches, and three 3PDT switches, but that's 9 switches on one guitar, and I would like to reduce it down to six switches. I don't know the proper terminology when talking about the parts of the switch, so I will try my best to describe it.

The switch has three positions. Each little line is supposed to be a terminal. There are three columns, each with four terminals. The three columns are not connected in the switch.The movment of the switch needs to effect all three columns at once. In the down position, it connects the bottom two terminals of each column. In the middle position, the middle two terminals of each column are connected. In the up position, the top two of each column are connected.
So the rows are connected or disconnected depending on the switch position, and each column is effected in the same way as the other columns depending on the switch position, but the columns aren't connected electronically to each other, only the rows connect electronically. I'll try to draw out or make a video of what I am trying to say once I get home from work, and I can show the circuit if needed. I just don't know switch terms, so I can't properly describe it.
Mike Perrino

Post by Mike Perrino »

That looks like what I need. I'll look into that switch after work.
Mike Perrino

Post by Mike Perrino »

Yes, I think this is what I need, thanks so much.
Now I just need to find out of they fit the already existing switch holes in my Brian May guitar...and find them in white...

Return to “Electronics”