JJB SHC-200 -- anybody using one?

Pickups, magnets, microphones, amps, speakers, cabs, whatever...
John LaTorre

JJB SHC-200 -- anybody using one?

Post by John LaTorre »

I've been using the JJB Prestige 330 in a couple of my guitars, and am getting another build off the ground. When I went to their website, I noticed a new product of theirs, the SHC-200, which seems to be a version of the 330, using the same transducers, but with passive volume and tone controls. No battery. They also offer a retrofit kit to add the controls to an existing 330 set-up.

Has anybody tried either the SHC-200 or the retrofit kit? If so, what were your impressions? Worth the money? Did the retrofit degrade the performance of the transducers?

FWIW, I usually run my signal through either a K&K Pure Mini XLR or a Baggs Para Acoustic, but I'd like to be able to eliminate it from the system while plugging into the sound system at my local open mike place. Hence the interest in the 200.
John LaTorre
Sacramento CA
David King

Re: JJB SHC-200 -- anybody using one?

Post by David King »

Never heard of JJB before. I looked over the whole website and never found a name, an address or a phone number. Who the heck runs their business like that? :(
Stephen Neal Saqui

Post by Stephen Neal Saqui »

I've only seen them in one guitar, was dealing with another issue with the customer so didn't pay attention. I did get a link to them: http://www.jjb-electronics.com/prestige.html

speaking of which, I no longer use Google for searching. Have found that duckduckgo works great for hunting obscure things. Try it: https://duckduckgo.com/
Barry Daniels

Post by Barry Daniels »

Wow, that pickup maker is copying K&K pure systems rather shamelessly.
MIMF Staff
David King

Post by David King »

Ex K&K employee? It is a wonder...

Return to “Electronics”